With 14 hours of facilitated time and 2-4 hours of self-directed learning on Spring’s exclusive Leadership Lab spread out over ten days, you’ll leave this online program with new connections, skills, strategies and confidence. Learn more about the program here and scroll down for more details about this November 2022 training.
You’ll spend time learning and exchanging ideas in a community of practice with Spring experts and a cohort of social justice leaders from around the world to:
- set (and achieve) a goal for your learning journey;
- understand your own story as a facilitator, and the power of story telling in group processes;
- ground yourself in foundational and advanced collaboration strategies;
- practice with a range of digital tools;
- work with tensions in generative ways; and
- put it all together during a live practice session.
The training will take place online via Zoom. All participants will need to connect with a video camera and audio capabilities.
DAY 1—November 08 (3 hours): 09:00 UTC - 12:00 UTC (12:00pm - 03:00pm EAT)
DAY 2—November 15 (4 hours): 09:00 UTC - 13:00 UTC (12:00pm - 04:00pm EAT)
DAY 3—November 16 (4 hours): 09:00 UTC - 13:00 UTC (12:00pm - 04:00pm EAT)
DAY 4—November 17 (3 hours): 09:00 UTC - 12:00 UTC (12:00pm - 03:00pm EAT)
What to expect over the four half-days:
On Day 1, you’ll learn about the key lenses through which people analyze and prioritize information. You'll also spend time practicing holding space for multiple stories and perspectives and the key facilitative skill of reflecting back to the collective of what was individually offered.
On Day 2, you'll explore the cornerstones and essentials of collaborative, creative ways of working with groups, particularly online. This is a dynamic day of demos (of tools and practices) and interactivity, designed to give you lots of ideas to use and adapt in your own situation.
On Day 3, you'll put it all together on Practice Day by facilitating a session for a small team of 4-5 co-participants. It's a hands-on day of experimenting with new tools with the support of your peers as everyone takes a turn. This is the day your confidence as facilitator will take a major leap forward.
On Day 4, you’ll spend time distilling what you’ve learned and practiced as you think about the future of the New Workspace. We’ll reimagine creative and engaging strategies for synchronous and asynchronous collaboration, how our current context is evolving and your ideas for what comes next—and how to respond.
In between, you’ll have homework assignments to spark fresh thinking and practical skills, including preparation for Practice Day and multimedia resources available on the Leadership Lab.
What you’ll come away with
By the end of the program, you will have gained:
- a new awareness about your facilitation patterns, strengths and areas to work on;
- an understanding of collective storytelling as a strategy for holding multiple perspectives in ways that can reclaim and rehumanize collaborative work;
- the ability to work with tension and complexity in generative ways;
- confidence using tools designed for virtual and hybrid workspaces;
- a digital portfolio of resources, tools and practices you can experiment, adapt and apply to your unique context and work.
1. Redistribution Rate: US $1000
This is for organizations based in the Global North or with an annual budget above US$2 million. It’s also designed for individuals with access to wealth or with an annual income over US$70,000. Payment at this rate covers the costs of the program and allows for a contribution to support the participation of organizations and individuals with less access to wealth.
2. Full Cost Rate: US $750
This is for organizations with an annual budget above US$1-2 million. It’s also designed for individuals with an annual income of US$50,000 - US$70,000.
3. Solidarity Rate: US $375
This is for organizations with an annual budget of under US$1 million. It’s also designed for individuals with an annual income of under US$50,000. Payment at this rate covers 50% of total costs.
Don’t see an affordable rate?
If the Solidarity Rate is not affordable to you, please get in touch with us to let us know and we can discuss what might be possible.
November Facilitation Team
This month's training will be facilitated by: