Digital Solutions Lead
Full Time, Permanent
Posting Date: October 13, 2021
What if you could play a catalytic role in providing critical support to social and climate justice leaders, organizations, and networks around the world?
At Spring, we believe that humanity is positioned to solve the critical social and environmental problems of our time, and that advocates need support in order to catalyze this shift.
Spring delivers breakthrough programs and services all over the world that expand human capacities, transform organizations and enable meaningful results. We specialize in conference as well as meeting facilitation and training; financial innovation and resilience; strategic visioning and Integral Coaching®. As a social enterprise, our approach is both down-to-earth and transformative based on leading edge thinking, tools and innovations. Spring combines challenging conversations, creativity and out-of-the-box thinking with a drive for practicality and excellence.
We believe that it takes a wide diversity of perspectives, experiences and ways of working for any group to successfully navigate complexity and contribute to a more just and life sustaining future.
Our team of associates is made up of over 50 independent practitioners and experts located in different parts of the world. In the last few years, we have worked with hundreds of leaders and organizations in over 60 countries.
Now, to bolster our work and growth, we are looking for a qualified Digital Solutions Lead. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience in building, maintaining and evolving a digital solution that caters to the specific needs of the organization it services. Join a small but dynamic team of leads and help shape the next life stage of Spring.
In recent years, Spring has used a variety of digital tools: Nationbuilder, Eventbrite, Paypal, Kajabi, Quickbooks and spreadsheets. As we continue to grow and expand our program offerings, your role as a digital solutions lead will be to develop and implement a new digital architecture with tools to address evolving organizational needs in relation to e-learning, community and client relations management, digital event planning, communications and payments.
Spring’s Digital Solutions Lead will work with multiple stakeholders (Spring Leads, clients, Spring associates and partner organizations) and under the guidance of Spring’s Executive Director, to design Spring’s digital architecture for the next 3 years and implement relevant digital solutions. They will be responsible for:
- Reviewing existing and proposed platforms and making recommendations to improve or replace these platforms based on current organizational goals and strategies
- Leading the selection of relevant technologies and products to support the organization’s goals
- Leading the design of Spring’s digital platforms, including the migration from existing platforms to new ones
- Staying informed of the latest technology that may be used to enhance (eg. plugins, third-party APIs etc) or replace our existing platforms
- If new platforms are adopted, leading the account management, setup, migration and any potential custom development requirements of these platforms
- Supporting the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of platforms and systems, including continuous iteration of solutions based on feedback post-implementation
- Maintaining Spring’s digital platforms including working with leads to ensure that the platforms are meeting their needs
- Leading discussions with various team members on how to make their work more efficient through automation, making recommendations and executing this automation using existing platforms
- Training and supporting Spring team members in their use of the digital platforms
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3-5 years work experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree; a graduate degree is a plus
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and ability to make recommendations for solutions
- Knowledge of the development process for web-based and mobile applications
- Knowledge of NationBuilder, Kajabi, or similar full-service CRM business solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to address complex business requirements with digital solutions
- Work experience with social and environmental justice globally
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work under pressure, self-manage, and prioritize tasks to ensure efficiencies
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and formulate recommendations
- Demonstrates strong initiative and a desire for self-development, specifically when it comes to technology
- Displays a positive “can do” attitude in resolving problems and concerns quickly and correctly
- Is comfortable juggling multiple assignments and priorities
- Fosters a culture of excellence and accountability
- Builds trusting relationships and works collaboratively
- Able to work independently from home, including flexible hours occasionally
WHY WORK FOR SPRING?
- A small, collaborative core team based in Canada
- 3 weeks of vacation + holiday office closure
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Ability to work remotely and with flexible hours
- Commitment to collaboration, innovation and a culture of care within the team
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, permanent
SALARY RANGE: 70,000 to 80,000 CAD
LOCATION: Remote (preferably within the Greater Toronto Area or Canada) with occasional in-person meetings
- Access to a computer with camera, mobile phone and reliable, hi-speed internet
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (for occasional in-person meetings)
Please send the following to [email protected] with “Digital Solutions Lead” in the subject line by November 3, 2021:
- 1-page cover letter (250 words maximum) that includes your responses to the following questions: 1) How do you relate to Spring’s mission (found on our website)? 2) What interests you most about this position? 3) How would your skills and experiences (personal and professional translate into success in this position?
- Your portfolio website, or 3 samples of digital solutions you have implemented in the past.
Include in the body of the email where you found the job posting (e.g., LinkedIn, Spring website etc.).
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews as soon as possible.