At Spring, we believe that humanity is positioned to solve the critical social and environmental problems of our time, and that advocates need support in order to catalyze this shift. We deliver breakthrough programs and services that expand human capacities, transform organizations and enable meaningful results. We specialize in conference as well as meeting facilitation and training; financial innovation and resilience; strategic visioning and Integral Coaching®. As a social enterprise, our approach is both down-to-earth and transformative based on leading edge thinking, tools and innovations. Spring combines challenging conversations, creativity and out-of-the-box thinking with a drive for practicality and excellence. Our team of associates is made up of independent practitioners and experts located in different parts of the world.
To support Spring’s work and organizational growth, we are looking for a qualified Communication’s Lead to join our small but dynamic team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in digital marketing and communications and based in or near Toronto, we would like to meet you. Our ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills and is able to develop engaging content in alignment with relevant strategies and technology. They are a detail oriented, ‘people person’ and a self-starter with great customer service and organization skills.
Spring’s Communication’s Lead will work with multiple stakeholder groups (clients, other Spring associates and partner organizations) and under the guidance of Spring’s Executive Director, to support our communications and community engagement and outreach on a global scale. They are responsible for communications on various platforms including:
- Creating and implementing a digital marketing and communications strategy encompassing all of Spring’s program areas;
- Developing, maintaining and updating a media content calendar;
- Creating and disseminating engaging social media content and e-newsletters in alignment with brand guidelines and communications strategy;
- Developing stories and multimedia content on and with Spring’s stakeholders;
- Ensuring brand consistency across all communication platforms and outputs;
- Managing and tracking traffic on various communications channels to drive expansion;
- Working with website developers and keeping Spring’s website up-to date;
- Maintaining Spring’s in-house client relations database;
- Other editing and writing assignments as needed;
- Support in the production and delivery of virtual meetings;
- Program content production including audio and/or video editing of program materials;
- Performing related tasks as needed, such as (e-mail) communications and preparing program documentation and materials; and
- Staying up-to-date with digital technology trends as well as news, reports and content from relevant social and climate justice initiatives.
- Proven work experience in the area of community engagement, marketing and communications;
- A passionate belief and commitment to social and environmental justice globally;
- Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of online marketing, social channels and associated applications as well as website management;
- Experience working with Zoom, for meetings ranging from 30 – 200 people, including an understanding of how to keep participants engaged;
- Excellent English language writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate cross-culturally;
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel as well as relevant marketing tools and applications (e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer, Pablo, GIMP, InDesign, etc.);
- Experience producing basic graphics and GIFs for social content;
- An understanding of CRM tracking systems and measurement tools as well as the ability to track and interpret website traffic and online engagement metrics;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Emotional intelligence and deep appreciation for diversity;
- A positive “can do” attitude in resolving problems and concerns quickly and correctly;
- Proven experience of juggling multiple assignments, meeting deadlines with high-quality products;
- Able to work independently from home, including flexible hours occasionally.
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Spanish, French, Portuguese and/or other languages;
- Interested in and/or has background in global affairs, human rights, social justice and/or climate justice;
- Experience living and working outside the global North;
- Familiarity with virtual collaboration platforms and working in a remote team; and
- Familiarity and experience working with NationBuilder and Kajabi;
- Based in or near Toronto;
This is a full-time position starting at 4 days or 32 hours per week, with the possibility of additional hours. Salary range for 4 days is CAD $50,000 to $55,000 commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why and how you think you can take Spring to the next level as our new Communication’s Lead by July 17, 2020 to email@example.com.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews as soon as possible.