What if you could play a catalytic role in providing critical support to social and climate justice leaders, organizations, and networks around the world?
At Spring, we believe that humanity is positioned to solve the critical social and environmental problems of our time, and that advocates need support in order to catalyze this shift.
Spring delivers breakthrough programs and services all over the world that expand human capacities, transform organizations and enable meaningful results. We specialize in conference as well as meeting facilitation and training; financial innovation and resilience; strategic visioning and Integral Coaching®. As a social enterprise, our approach is both down-to-earth and transformative based on leading edge thinking, tools and innovations. Spring combines challenging conversations, creativity and out-of-the-box thinking with a drive for practicality and excellence.
We believe that it takes a wide diversity of perspectives, experiences and ways of working for any group to successfully navigate complexity and contribute to a more just and life sustaining future.
Our team of associates is made up of over 50 independent practitioners and experts located in different parts of the world.
In the last few years, we have worked with hundreds of leaders and organizations in over 60 countries.
Now, to bolster our work and growth, we are looking for a qualified Communications Lead based in or near Toronto. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience in a senior communications role and is equally comfortable developing strategy as executing initiatives. Join a small but dynamic team of leads and help shape the next life stage of Spring.
Spring’s Communication’s Lead will work with multiple stakeholder groups (clients, Spring associates and partner organizations) and under the guidance of Spring’s Executive Director, support our communications and community engagement and outreach on a global scale. They are responsible for communications on various platforms including:
- Creating and implementing an integrated communications and marketing strategy including defining the key metrics for its success
- Working proactively with Spring leads to anticipate the communication needs of the organization
- Identifying emerging trends and issues and recognizing internal and external opportunities
- Staying current with news, reports and content from relevant social and climate justice initiatives
- Oversee the creation and execution of all program-related communications
- Creating and executing an internal communications strategy that keeps all Spring staff, partners and associates well-informed and engaged
- Ensuring brand consistency across all communication platforms and outputs
- Developing and disseminating relevant and engaging (multimedia) content
- Developing, maintaining and deploying a media content calendar in alignment with brand guidelines and overall communications strategy
- Developing tools and processes to improve communication and generate insights to measure communication effectiveness
- Managing and tracking traffic on various communications channels to build engagement and drive expansion
- Working with website developers and keeping Spring’s website and digital program delivery platforms updated and consistent, including staying up to date with digital technology and security trends
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Work experience in a senior communications role
- Demonstrated ability to build awareness and audiences
- Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of community engagement on social media channels
- Excellent English language writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate cross-culturally
- Experience working with relevant marketing tools and applications (e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer, Pablo, GIMP, InDesign, etc.)
- A strong understanding of CRM tracking systems and measurement tools as well as the ability to track and interpret website traffic and online engagement metrics
CAPABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Is passionate about social and environmental justice globally
- Exhibits a deep appreciation for diversity
- Demonstrates strong initiative and a desire for self-development
- Displays a positive “can do” attitude in resolving problems and concerns quickly and correctly
- Is comfortable juggling multiple assignments and priorities
- Fosters a culture of excellence and accountability
- Builds trusting relationships and works collaboratively
- Able to work independently from home, including flexible hours occasionally
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Spanish, and/or another language
- Has lived and worked outside the Global North
- Familiarity with virtual collaboration platforms and working in a remote team
WHY WORK FOR SPRING?
- A small, collaborative core team based in Toronto, Canada
- 3 weeks of vacation + holiday office closure
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Ability to work remotely
- Commitment to collaboration, innovation and a culture of care within the team
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, permanent
SALARY RANGE: $75,000 to $85,000 per year
LOCATION: Remote within the Greater Toronto Area. Occasional in-person meetings (when public health regulations permit)
REQUIREMENTS: Must have access to a computer with camera, mobile phone and reliable, hi-speed internet.
Please send the following to [email protected] with “Communications Lead” in the subject line by February 28, 2021:
- Two writing samples or examples of your work
- 1-page cover letter (250 words maximum) that includes your responses to the following questions: 1) How do you relate to Spring’s mission (found on our website)? 2) What interests you most about this position? 3) How would your skills and experiences (personal and professional translate into success in this position?
Include in the body of the email where you found the job posting (e.g., LinkedIn, Spring website etc.).
*** Please send your cover letter, writing examples and CV as a single PDF attachment with the file name “Communications Lead_[firstname]_[lastname]”.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews as soon as possible.