Here are the questions we asked her:
- In your own words, what is facilitation?
- Where did your interest in facilitation begin?
- What are examples of how and when your facilitation benefited your clients?
- In this period of global political instability, why is High Impact Facilitation important?
- Why should people participate in the Spring Strategies' High Impact Facilitation Intensive?
Amis is a Spring Strategies associate and an Integral Professional Coach™ and workshop facilitator with over 10 years of experience in the field of International activism and social change. She believes people tend to keep their best features hidden – sometimes even from themselves. Often passions, talents, desires and hopes for the future get buried under the overflowing to-do lists of daily life. As a coach, workshop facilitator and event host, Amis shines a light on the things that really matter to people, helping them connect to others as their truest and fullest selves.
Amis is Dutch with Indonesian roots and a true citizen of the world. She has lived in Amsterdam, Honolulu, Jakarta and Cartagena, and has just moved to the island of Aruba. She holds a Master in Southeast Asian studies and is currently studying her 7th language (Papiamento). Besides languages, she devours methods in which we humans can better and more deeply connect, such as Art of Hosting, Theory U and Thinking Environment. Amis loves to sing and dance, and spend time with her loved ones – preferably over a good cappuccino or cocktails.